Other forms of Green Energy
- Nuclear – 6,000 MW coming up in Gujarat
- Tidal - large coastline of 1,600 km. The tidal wave altitude in Gujarat in many places is nearly 6 meters. Gulf of Kutch & Gulf of Cambay are potential sites for tapping tidal energy
- MSW to Electricity- SELCO International Ltd. has MOU with Ahmedabad Municipal Corporation to setup an Integrated Municipal Solid Waste Processing facility including 7.5 MW Power Plant at Ahmedabad
- Geothermal Energy- Avin Energy Systems is keen to develop geothermal projects in Gujarat and intends to set up the first 5 MW power generating plant1
Biofuels - IOC has planted 162,000 Jatropha saplings on 62 hectares of railway land in Surendranagar and Patan in Gujarat:
- Gujarat has good potential for Jatropha Cultivation in districts of Ahmedabad, Amreli, Banaskantha, Bhavnagar, Junagadh, Jamnagar, Kutch, Rajkot, Surendranagar, Surat.
- Biofuel business in India has opportunities in plantation, seed collection, oil extraction, transesterification, and blending.